Red Wine Nutrition
There is not a lot of nutritional content in red wine, however red wine does possess certain qualities that make it beneficial for one’s health. In addition, it is important to understand that with all beverages that contain alcohol that moderation is the key to reaping these benefits. Red wine is a tremendous indulgence for all to enjoy, and with this undefinable pleasure comes a selection of perks. However, there are some things you must know about red wine besides the types, flavors, classifications, and fun stuff. Here is some information on red wine nutrition along with a list of benefits that one can reap when they consume it in moderation:
Red Wine Nutrition information:
You must take into consideration that all wines vary in the amount of sugars that they contain so this can cause the carbohydrates and sugar content to fluctuate thus raising the levels in wines that may be sweeter. Most red wines contain about 110 calories per 5oz. serving. Red wine contains no fat and no cholesterol. There may be traces of sodium that range 7 grams per serving or so. In addition, wines that contain a higher alcohol level will also consists of higher calories per serving. It is important to understand that calories can accrue when an individual drinks more than a few glasses a day so watch those calories and do not overdo it.
Health benefits of Red Wine:
- ·Red wines contain resveratrol which is linked to promoting heart health and also contains anti aging capabilities.
- ·Drinking wine in moderation can prevent Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- ·Is known to aid in digestive disorders and ailments can improve symptoms of IBS and stomach ulcers.
- ·Red wine contains anti-oxidants that are powerful for preventative health.
- ·Has been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke.
- ·Can prevent several types of cancers and reduce the risk of someone contracting diseases.
- ·Decrease the chances of someone contracting diabetes.
- ·Increase and improve vascular health.
- ·Promotes overall longevity of life to those who drink it in moderation.
- ·Drinking red wine can improve cholesterol levels in the body.
- ·Can reduce high- blood pressure and prevent hypertension in individuals who are at risk.
- ·Is used as a preventative measure it can combat tooth decay.
- ·Wine drinkers supposedly live less stressful and experience a higher quality of life.
- ·Improves cognitive functions in the body as well as memory.
- ·Can relax an individual and provide a sense of euphoria as well as aid in sleep.
As with most alcohol, these health benefits cannot be attained if over indulgence occurs. Be sure to keep your limit at 1-2 glasses or servings of wine today to reap the many health benefits of red wine. Watch your red wine nutrition! Empty calories in wine can cause weight gain if overdone. Enjoy your wine, but remember moderation is the key to a happier and healthier life!